Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Welcome to Amy Joe Jim Bob

Since this is my first official blog, I thought I should probably write down what it is I am trying to accomplish by being a blogger. I am no tech-wiz, by any stretch of the imagination. My husband is, which is why I am blogging in this format...he set up the blog for me!

First, and most importantly, I want to leave a record of my daily growth in the Lord for my children, myself, and any others that it might benefit (Titus 2:3-5). I also, on that note, want to learn from others who are also raising up godly seed for the building of the Kingdom of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. So, please send in the comments/constructive criticism/encouragement!

Secondly, I want to record our daily happenings around the "Treehouse," as we affectionately call the Howard Homestead. We are attempting to have a very small farm at this time by gardening much of the food we eat, and (when Jim Bob gets what he wants) by starting with some small livestock (probably beginning with chickens—for eggs, as well as meat). Why would we want to do this? Well, there really are two answers to that question. The first answer is that after much looking for a way for Jim Bob to be able to work with his sons more frequently, and in the process to train them to be men after God's own heart, this seems to fit the bill. AND second, due to the struggles I've had with Acid Reflux, and our oldest son's dairy allergy, we are looking for a better way to eat things that are truly healthy, low-cost, local, and eaten in season when the nutrients are at peak in order to improve my health as well as improve the health of all of the Howards so that we are better equipped to show the love of Christ to each other first, and then to others, so that God is glorified and His Kingdom is built through our family.

So, welcome to my blog! I am excited about leaving this record, and about getting to know you! I hope and pray that you read and feel encouraged, edified, and educated in all your endeavors!

With a prayer for blessings in your family,
Amy

No comments: