Thursday, November 16, 2006

Changes to My Blogging and My Husband's Job

As much as I love to post new things for my family, friends, and children to read, I am realizing that I simply just don't have the time. My children are so little still, and they deserve the better part of me.

But, I don't want to stop keeping track of our daily happenings around here as I believe it is an important tool to teach my children to walk in their faith. So, I will be starting a new way of doing this.

Jim Bob has taken on the privilege of being the new Editor-in-Chief of Homeschooling Today® Magazine effective immediately. This is going to cut into my blogging time since I will be helping him with edits and other responsibilities associated with running the magazine. He would also like for me to write periodically for the magazine, so this will be more the outlet for my ponderings than this blog. In fact, my first article is due out in the upcoming issue!

I would still love to hear from those of you who so sweetly follow my blog, so I will post new things periodically at the Homeschooling Today website along with writing for the Homeschool Helper email. You can still comment here if you wish to contact me, however, be advised that I won't be checking it quite as frequently as in the past.

We are excited about the changes the Lord has brought into our lives and we are thrilled to share them with you. God is so good to us... better than we can ask or imagine. Please praise Him with us for this new season in our lives!

Soli Deo Gloria!

3 comments:

Margaret in VA said...

AMY!!!!! The article sent out is TERRIFIC! I wish I could write like that...well I am just not willing to take the time to do it right!
It is excellent and I know that Jim Bob is one proud hubby!

Blessings on your family as you step out on this new adventure!

Amy Howard said...

Dear Maragret,

Thank you for your encouragement, sweetheart! All I can say is that it was all God. I love Isaiah 26:12:

" Lord, You establish peace for us, all that we have accomplished, You have done in us."

I know that when I write that if it turns out to be a blessing it is Him. I am so grateful for that, and I pray that it will continue to bless others... and remind me to live up to what was written! By His grace alone!

Praising Him that it was an encouragement to you,
Amy

Unknown said...

Oh, and check out Carmon's blog for a special announcement.

Blessings,
Billy Joe Jim Bob (Amy's other half)