Friday, May 29, 2009

Weight-Loss Wednesday... OK, ahem... Saturday

After seeing this post, I decided to research this T-Tapp thing I'd been hearing about.

After reading all that I could get my hands on with regards to T-Tapp, I decided it was time to try it. The success stories were plentiful... many coming from ladies who had multiple births and wanted to get into shape again, not merely for looking good, but simply to feel good and treat the body as the "temple of the Holy Spirit" (1 Corinthians 6:19) that it truly is.

All I wanted was a program that wouldn't make me buy prepackaged, processed foods, nor claim that I could look like a supermodel after having four children and only being five feet four inches tall with a shorter torso. I wanted a boost in my energy, clarity of mind, and to fight off the dark cloud of possible inherited heart disease, high blood pressure, etc., and the Reflux and IBS I deal with daily.

I wanted to be here to enjoy helping my children train up their children in "the nurture and admonition of the Lord" and watch them pass their faith in Christ on to their children and their children's children.

So... I ordered it. Happy Mother's Day to me!!

I just finished my "boot camp" as T-Tapp calls it. This is where you determine how many sizes you want to lose and work out so many consecutive days before you switch to an every other day cycle.

The results of my ten day bootcamp? I'm losing inches of fat all over and getting more energized everyday. I am very surprised (pleasantly) at the results of my first ten days. My stomach has flattened out so much that I am about to drop a clothing size already.

I was so skeptical that it could work that the day before I started working out, I bought a pair of size 10 jeans that were a bit snug, but I hoped that within a month of doing T-Tapp, I could fit into them more comfortably. Well, I've surpassed that and am about to retire these jeans and move down a size.

And these results are typical with the T-Tapp work out.

I know, it sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

The way it works is the interesting part. She uses "leverage isometrics" and working many muscles at once to get more done at one time. It's the multi-tasking work out... right up this homeschooling mom's alley! I can't remember the last time that I didn't have to multi-task to get everything done.

What Teresa Tapp has done is she has figured out how to make the body work smarter, not harder and get better results for it. She uses your own body as the machine for strengthening excercises, so you don't need weights, machines, or much space at all. I do this in the mirror of my bathroom, people! Four to five square feet of space and less than an hour each morning initially, then only fifteen to thirty minutes a day after that is all you need.

She also tells you not to weigh in the first few weeks because you are building muscle and losing fat. Since muscle is heavier than fat, it will show on the scale. Instead, She tells you to do an initial measurement on yourself before you start the program. Every week I will measure myself and report my total inch loss to you so you can see how I'm doing. If any of you are also doing T-Tapp, please comment and let me know how you are doing. We can keep each other encouraged along the way!

What has made T-Tapp different for me is the fact that Teresa Tapp cares about making sure that each person who does her workouts realizes her own maximum potential, not the potential of a sixteen-year-old runway model who has never had stretch marks or loose skin in her life.

My total inch loss for week one:

drum roll please......

6.75 inches!!!! That's fat burned off my body. Gone gone gone!!!!

No wonder my jeans don't fit any more ;)

Now this is all of my measurements added together after only one week of T-Tapping (and no, there is no Tap-dancing involved ;)!!

I can tell you this: I feel great! And I'm content with getting to my personal best and loving the body the Lord gave me... "for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

My body is the Lord's creation and I want to treat it as such.
Keep checking back in to see how I'm doing. Maybe you will find inspiration to feel your best so you can give your best back to the One who gave all for us.

His grace and love from my heart and home to you!

4 comments:

Duchess of Fife said...

What?! You already looked great, in my humble opinion. :) I got TTapp but was only able to try it for a few weeks before getting preggo again. Looking forward to getting back to it though. Hope y'all are well and getting settled into life down there. Can't wait to get together again soon! God bless all!

Amy Howard said...

Thanks, Emily!

You are so sweet!

I feel like I look OK in clothes, but my lack of energy and stamina throughout each day are the things that were keeping me from being the Mom I really wanted to be. Plus, I want to have a healthy rest of my life. With as little excercise as I was actually getting, I knew it wouldn't be long until I would start having numerous other health issues besides the Reflux and IBS I already deal with.

Those are the main reasons for doing this. My hope is that anyone who reads this post will be inspired that they too can get in shape without having to go to a gym (embarassing!), or feel the need to hurt their joints (specifically those of us who have had numerous pregnancies and are not in alignment anymore... sounds like a car chassis, doesn't it? ;)).

I hope and pray your pregnancy is going well! I can't wait to see the next Gunn baby!!! They are all so precious!

Blessings upon you and your family, sweet Emily! I hope we get to see you guys again soon too! Call us when you are back down this way, and we'll do the same when we head your way!

Love,
Amy

p.s. I love reading your doings on your blog!! Your posts always leave me with a big smile!

Lisa Winton said...

I might have to try this video if it increases energy and stamina. It's difficult for me to get out for runs and walks regularly. Glad to see you here, Amy, it's been a while since we've connected! Praying you are settling in well in Texas and thankful you're able to find the time to do something to help with your help. Going to check out this 'T-Tapp' thing right now!

Love,
Lisa

Lisa Winton said...

OK, Amy, did you buy the book, which DVD set? Could I purchase the 'Basic Workout' (old label) and get everything I need to begin exercising?